Announcing all that we are 2018 residency seasons
Over the first two and a halfyears of all that we are, we hosted artists from across the world, who universally agree that there is a special and creative energy around this house and land, Mumarimina land, that makes it an ideal base for residencies, retreats and reflection.
My sincere thanks to Simon and Victoria who were so welcoming and got the balance just right between allowing me lots of space and time to contemplate and create, and check-ins and chats to ensure I didn’t start talking to the wombats! Tasmania is just beautiful too – lovely weather, clean air, space, friendly.. It has it all. I felt immediately at peace and at rest.
Author, Jennifer Barrett, Dublin
We have decided to take a new approach and offer four x four week residency seasons through the year: in summer, autumn, early spring and late spring.
We’ll take a flexible approach, but hope to have up to 4 artists at a time in residence for periods ranging from one to 4 weeks. The season dates are listed below.
Each residency will offer:
- a private room with single or double bed and desk (a bathroom shared between two rooms)
- a large shared sitting area/workspace with upright piano
- use of a spacious & well equipped office with hot desk and wifi
- a reference collection of art books
- a simple kitchen with cooking facilities for self catering and laundry
- a large deck with outdoor dining and barbecue
- use of separate studio by arrangement
- hard to beat, incredible views of Pipe Clay Lagoon, Frederick Henry Bay, Storm Bay and the distant hills of the Tasman Peninsula.
Hobart is a 25 minute drive away or accessible by bus
MONA is 40 minutes away or drive to Hobart and take the ferry.
Numerous beaches are within a 5 to 10 minutes drive or a 10 minute walk to the lagoon.
These residencies are open to any committed artist, but all that we are has a special interest in artists whose practice is inclusive of children, families, young people and the diverse ecologies of communities.
It is seriously a beautiful place. Surrounded by forest and endless vistas of sea, sky and stunning landscape… Victoria and Simon offered the perfect balance of allowing me my space and privacy while also offering support and their warm hospitality.”
Visual artist Kerri McConchie, Australia
Cost: $75 per person night (prices discounted for longer stays up to one month and for double rooms) – ask for details.
APPLY FOR MORE INFORMATION NOW: